CHRISTIAN DAY CARE…
Is a program of The Lutheran Church and School of Saint Luke
The program focuses on current trends and practices in early childhood education; it has appropriate programs for children, and the faculty and staff provide a nurturing, Christian learning environment.
Is centered in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ
The program proclaims Jesus as their special friend; it teaches Bible stories, music, prayers, and provides chapel services to learn that Jesus is their Savior.
Allows for a variety of experiences
The program allows children to …
- Build attitudes and relationships spiritually and socially with the Lord and others;
- Communicate with others through speaking, listening, reading and writing;
- Develop and demonstrate the creative arts;
- Become aware of their motor skills and body in space, and promotes and develops a positive attitude about issues of wellness through exercise, good health habits, and nutrition;
- Discover concepts and understandings of the world.
Cares for children age three through eighth grade
The program enrolls children from age three and toilet trained through eighth grade; it focuses on the whole child spiritually, socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically.
Supports their parents in today’s changing world
The program recognizes parents as the children’s primary teachers; it provides support for them in their role as they raise their children in today’s world.