Preschool Curriculum Highlights
Friends, Me...I’m Special, Feelings, Apples, # 1, Circle, Red.
Fire Prevention/Safety, Fall, School, Pumpkins, #2, Square, Orange.
Family, Food, Thanksgiving, Manners, Health, #3, Triangle, Brown.
Advent, Christmas, Jesus’ Birthday, #4, Rectangle, Green.
New Year, Epiphany, Pledge of Allegiance, Winter, # 5, Star, Yellow.
Groundhog Day, Valentine’s Day, Community Helpers, Transportation, #6, Heart, Pink, #7, Oval, Blue.
Lutheran Schools Week, St. Patrick’s Day, Rainbows, Spring, #8, Octagon, Purple.
Easter, Caterpillars/Butterflies, Earth Day, Bubbles, #9, Diamond, White.
Farm, Mother’s Day/Father’s Day, Summer, #10, Black, Trapezoid, Review.
The children also work on the following skills throughout the school year:
- Recognizing name
- Holding and using scissors correctly
- Holding and using crayons correctly
- Writing name using finger grips
- Working independently at learning centers and listening centers
- Skipping, hopping, jumping, and balancing on one foot
Our Class Field Trips include:
- Winter: ‘In class’ field trip with the Itasca Nature Center
- Spring: Walking field trip to the Itasca Nature Center
- May: Cosley Zoo and Itasca Fire Department